Friday, March 5, 2010

Snowboarding Adventures!...

For those of you who don't know, I am taking a snowboarding class this semester. It has been way fun, and for those of you who have never gone, it comes highly recommended. Just don't try to go over any jumps before you are ready to...

Yesterday, I was in my class, and my instructor took us to a jump. A couple of people didn't go on it, but I thought I'd try. My instructor gave us a few pointers, and told us to go ahead. I told him I was scared, and he said I'd be fine, so away I went. He had told us to keep up our speed, so I went as fast as I could towards the jump. I can remember taking off and thinking I was going to crash, but I don't remember why. Then I can remember them lowering me onto the sled, strapping me in (I couldn't move my head at all), covering me up with a blanket, and pulling me down the mountain. I can remember everything after that, and I'm fine. I have some bumps and bruises (The back of my left hip kills!), but nothing serious. Apparently it's called anterograde amnesia. I don't remember approximately 15 to 20 minutes. It was kind of a scary experience!

3 comments:

Shonda Hayes said...

Oh, Lisa, that's so scary. I'm glad you're okay.

It was very fun to have you visit last weekend. I love you so much, my girl.

Bettie said...

Holy CRAP!!! I wish I could have told you not to go on the jump. In my first snowboarding class we decided to try a jump. The first boy who went broke his wrist. None of the rest of us tried. I can't believe you don't know what happened and that you are ok. Whoa.
So...when do you want to go snowboarding with me? ;)

Lisa said...

Whenever you, me, and the snow are in the same place at the same time :)